Here's an article where, while everything the author says is true, he is either unaware of, or purposely misses the larger points -
Not in Defense of Bill O’Reilly
- A person or government, can't spend more than it takes in without quickly getting into trouble.
- people who aren't earning their own way are a drag on everyone else.
- Governments can't give to anyone without taking from someone else.
- We have a duty to help out our own disadvantaged citizens help themselves, so it would be nothing other than insane to let other disadvantaged people into our country until we've taken care of our own.
- If increasing taxes are a good way to decrease certain types of behavior (like smoking), it probably also decreases other types of behavior when they get taxed (like investment).
- Since by definition, law abiding citizens don't commit gun crimes, how will making gun control laws decrease gun violence?