Read more, if you dare

It's not very often, but once in a while you come across an article that will totally change your opinion of something or someone, forever.

Below is an excellent post that I found while looking at IOTW Report, one of my favorite sites out there.  It makes an interesting comparison between Mr. Spock and Barack Hussein Obama.  

If you are a fan of Star Trek, and you always liked Mr. Spock, proceed with caution:  If you read this, there is an excellent chance that you will never look at Mr. Spock the same way again.
source: The Washington Free Becon

I Don’t Love Spock

Column: President Obama’s favorite Star Trek character is an appeasing arrogant jerk


BY: 
I loved Spock,” said President Obama, reacting to the death of actor Leonard Nimoy. Why? Because Spock reminds him of himself. The galaxy’s most famous Vulcan, the president wrote, was “Cool, logical, big-eared, and level headed, the center of Star Trek’s optimistic, inclusive vision of humanity’s future.” Just like you know whom.
The president is not the only writer who hasdrawn comparisons between himself and Spock. I am also a Star Trek fan, but I admit I was somewhat confused by my rather apathetic reaction to Nimoy’s death. And as I thought more about the president’s statement, I realized he identifies with the very aspects of the Spock character that most annoy me. I don’t love Spock at all.
Read more, if you dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment