I don't know if I Can do this anymore

I feel that the left is winning, and there is absolutely nothing I can do to stop that, or even slow it down.  We live in a world full of idiots, governed by idiots, and reported on, by idiots.

I can no longer immediately tell if anything is real or satire anymore.  Even after researching a story to see if it’s legit, I’m still not confident that it’s true.

Check out this story that I found on the Drudge Report.  How long did it it take you to be confident enough to say whether or not it was a parody?  To add to the confusion, it includes a video of Rosie O’Donnell actually making sense. If that doesn’t throw you for a loop, nothing will.

I actually started off trying to write a piece saying that we should just leave Brian Williams alone - give him enough rope to hang himself. But that’s kind of what we’ve (as a country) done with Obama.  We ignored his questionable background and the Pigford scandal, and things just got worse from there.

You didn’t click on that link, did ya?  I knew it, you never do.  Well here it is:


source: grabien.com

BRIAN WILLIAMS: I ONCE SAVED A PUPPY FROM A BURNING HOUSE
And in another telling of the tale, he said he saved two puppies from the fire


As attention now centers on the many things Brian Williams has reported over his years at NBC, a new story just emerged that stretches the bounds of believability. Writing in USA Today in 2011, the anchor of "Nightly News," talked about his days as a volunteer firefighter in New Jersey. And shares one episode of modest heroism:
My firehouse was a modest engine company — three engines, three garage doors and about 30 of the best men I’ve ever known. We fought all the usual fires that break out in the suburbs: brush fires, car fires, dumpsters, dryers, light fixtures — and worst of all, the occasional house, already in flames when we arrived. I remember one such house fire — the structure was fully involved with flames and smoke. I was wearing a breathing apparatus, conducting a search on my hands and knees, when I felt something warm, squishy and furry on the floor of a closet. I instinctively tucked it in my coat. When I got outside, I saw two small eyes staring up at me, and I returned the 3-week-old (and very scared) puppy to its grateful owners.
Is that standard protocol for firefighters? To just aimlessly crawl around the floor of a home burning up in flames, in the off-chance you might stumble upon something? He "instinctively" grabbed the "warm, squishy and furry" object despite not knowing what it was? 
Even more curious is his earlier version of this same story. Talking to Esquire in 2005, Williams boasted, "All I ever did as a volunteer fireman was once save two puppies." Note that he didn't say "save two puppies," which could have meant saving an individual puppy on two occasions. He clearly says this happened "once." 
Which has us wondering if it ever happened at all. 


Now, check out the link in that story.  For those of you who can’t bring themselves to click on links, here’s the part that I found interesting.


“When I was a kid, it was not uncommon to get pulled out of my warm bed on a cold winter night and thrown in the back of the car. And I loved it.
My father was a fire buff. Whenever a big fire broke out in our town, he had to go see it. And I had to go with him.”



I don’t know about you, but I’m starting to suspect that Williams’ dad was an arsonist.  Now that might seem like an outrageous comment to you, but it’s more believable than many of the things that have been coming out of Brian’s mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment