Thinking Like a Liberal is a Good Way to Get Yourself Killed

“...we should get comfortable with sporadic muggings and break-ins. I can hardly blame them. The cards are all in our hands, and we’re not playing them.”
                                                        - Oliver Friedfeld

“Here’s the ‘cards’ that are in my hands...

gun-collection.gif

...and I’m ready to play.”
                                                        - Neil Schnurr




If you’ve been reading the Golden Geese for some time, you’ve probably familiar with “Mr. Leftie, who speaks in italics”.  You probably figured that he just a generic term I made up for any given uber-liberal, and while that is true, I think I just may have found the real life version of him.

2381DB3A00000578-0-image-7_1416962691861.jpg

Enter Oliver Friedfeld.  I heard about the editorial he wrote, while listening to Rush today.  Other bloggers are writing about it too, so you may already be familiar with it.  If not, you can read it here.

For those of you who don’t click on links, Oliver and his “housemate” (I don’t think I’ve ever heard that term used before, and it sends up some red flags.) were mugged last week, but he’s OK with it.  You know, ‘cause he’s got all that privilege and shit, and the muggers ain’t got jack.  In true liberal form, Oliver is wrong, and he wasted no time being so.  He even titled his piece, “I Was Mugged and I Understand Why”.  

The truth is that Oliver does not understand why he was mugged.  In order to understand something, one must be correct in one’s assessment of it.  One does not achieve understanding, simply by making up an explanation that fits one’s narrative.  Oliver saying that he understands why he was mugged is like saying ancient cultures understood what causes the wind and waves.

The real reason that he was mugged was that he met up with "bad people" who were both "criminals" and "thugs".

The shame of it all is that Oliver’s so close to the true explanation, that he even wrote the words, but by refusing to accept the explanation that is plainly visible to anyone with any common sense, he is more vulnerable than ever to repeat his experience.  He writes:

“I come from a solidly middle-class family, and, with relatives in Mexico City, certainly don’t consider myself entirely shielded from poverty. And yet I’d venture to guess that our attackers have had to experience things I’ve never dreamed of. When I struggled in school, I had parents who willingly sat down with me and helped me work through it. When I have a problem, I have countless people who I can turn to for solid advice.”

There you have it, Oliver.  Your attackers, and their parents are pieces of shit.  The things you mentioned are obligations that all parents owe to their children, and no amount of poverty or anything else, is a legitimate excuse for parents to neglect these obligations.  Likewise, there is no legitimate excuse to rob someone at gun point.

Oliver’s experience and editorial are perfect illustrations why liberals are so often wrong...  and wrong again.  Holding on to their beliefs is more important to them than what does and does not work in the real world.  That’s why they hang on so fiercely to things like global warming, renewable energy, light rail.  It doesn’t matter that all have been discredited, they fit their view of how they want things to be.

Conservatives understand that there are bad people out there.  They’ll do whatever they think that they can get away with, making excuses for them only increases their numbers and the amount of bad things that they do, and they can only be effectively dealt with by meeting them with a force that is more intimidating than they think they are.





No comments:

Post a Comment