Just Letting Ya Know What I'm Doing


Before I say anything else.  Let's make sure we all take time to remember those who died serving our country and protecting our freedom, and even though Memorial Day is to remember the fallen, don't forget to thank our vets too. (We should do that everyday.)


I haven't quit blogging, but there's some stuff I have to catch up on this summer.  I'm paying the price for letting too much shit slide.  Now I gotta catch up.

There's a few projects that I've got to take care of this summer.  Once I get them done, it should be the height of the 2014 campaign season.  I'll still try to throw up at least one post a week till then.

In case anybody's interested, here's some of what I've been doing and what lies ahead.

First, I bought another snowplow. I always wanted to have a backup snowplow truck. If I ever had a breakdown and missed a snow, I would miss out on making more money than I'll have in the plow.  Of course, I have to have a truck to put it on.  I just so happen to have one.  It's been out of commission since 2008 when I hit a deer with it.  I've been slowly rebuilding it ever since.  All I have to do now is paint it and build a flatbed for it.

I paid $200 for the plow and will have to put another $200 in it, but when I'm done, it will look and work like brand new.  If I though anyone cared, I'd post some pictures of the rebuild. I'll never understand why guys pay four, five, and even six thousand dollars for a new snowplow when you can get a perfectly good used one for less than $1000.  Of course those are the same idiots that ruin $50,000 trucks plowing snow.  Snowplowing is hard on trucks.  Both the body and drive train.  I suppose if you can afford to piss away $50,000 on a new truck that's only going to be worth $10,000 in five years, what's $6,000 for a snowplow?

I finally got around to fixing some wind damage to my shed.  Added a shitload of diagonal bracing in the trusses.  It should be able to withstand a tornado now.

I promised my wife that I would redo our landscaping before the summer's over.  A lot of stuff winter killed this year with all the -20 degree weather, plus I've had it with that shitty low voltage landscape lighting.  Just a bunch of cheap plastic crap.  All that's going in the shit can.  I going to replace it with good old 110 volt with led lights.  That way I can put in a couple of outlets at the end of the lines.  They'll come in handy for a lot of stuff, like plugging in a vacuum to clean out the car.   Here's a good tip for all you home owners: Whenever running a new circuit, put in a few outlets, even if you don't think you'll need them.  They're cheap as hell and you'll be surprised all the uses you'll find for them.  I'll also put up a lamppost at the end of the sidewalk while, I'm at it.  My wife always wanted one of those.  Once that project's done, I should never have to mess with landscape lighting again.  It will be truly maintenance free, unlike that cheap, shitty low voltage crap where lights quit working the day after you install it,  What crap.  I can't say enough bad stuff about it.

So that's the plan.  Don't forget about me.  Like I said, I'll be throwing up at least one post a week till fall.  Thanks for all you who have been reading so far.

                                                                                                                              - Neil




No comments:

Post a Comment