Wax On, Wax Off


Wax On, Wax Off

            If you have ever watched the movie the Karate Kid, you will remember that Mr. Miyagi had Daniel work on the fundamentals of karate for quite some time before having him doing any training that resembled fighting.  Like in karate, you need a good grasp of the fundamentals when having any political discussion.  Obviously, you need to be informed on the issue you are discussing, but it is just as important to know exactly what your core beliefs are, and even more important to know why you hold those beliefs.  If you don’t know why you believe something, your belief is probably not very strong and could very well be in conflict with other beliefs you may have.  This type of situation makes one vulnerable to losing debates. 
Although I wasn’t quite sure where I wanted to go with this when I first started, I think I have found the right niche for this blog.  Up until now, most of the posts here on the Golden Geese have been general topics.  Not too much time sensitive material.  There are some good reasons for that.  First of all there are already plenty of sites that are much more established with far greater resources covering current events.  Trying to compete with them would be pointless.  The last thing we need is another blogger trying to be some half-assed version of the Drudge Report.
The target audience of the Golden Geese includes two main groups of people.  First there are the people who are just beginning to become interested in politics and conservative thought.  In addition we have people that have been conservatives for years but are just now realizing it is not enough to just have a conservative philosophy, we must spread the word and increase our ranks in order to save our country.
Since it’s beginning, the Golden Geese has focused on fundamentals and generalities, because I wanted you to know why I think like I do.  You don’t have to agree with me, but at least you will know where I am coming from.  The important thing is that you know what your core beliefs and values are.  That way, it will be easier for you to analyze things yourself and form consistent opinions. I’m going to assume that most people reading this at least agree with me in general, so I encourage you read all my post from the beginning if you haven’t done so already.  There’s only about thirty-five or so, and this will get you fully up to speed.  Use the things you agree with, ignore the things you don’t, and add your own beliefs.  Then you will be armed with your core principles and ready for battle.  Wax on, wax off.
We are going to turn a corner now and start applying these fundamentals to real world news stories.  The purpose here will be to prove these fundamentals correct by exposing various liberals as the uninformed phonies that they are.  It’s going to be a lot of fun. 
One other thing.  Be looking for some big changes coming to the Golden Geese.  This has already taken longer than I wanted, but I promise that it will be worth the wait and you will know when it happens.



             
























No comments:

Post a Comment